Bachelor Degree (Preferred)
Recent and relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Position: PIG FARMER
Tenure: Full-time, Permanent
Comprehensive salary package from $54,000 pa (plus superannuation)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture or higher equivalent
- At least 3 years recent relevant work experience
On behalf of our client, We are looking for a skilled and experienced Pig Farmer who have strong communication and time management skills, self-motivated and must have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Duties includes management of the daily operation of the farm with minor supervision farm owners – i.e. general operation management, managing from farrow to finish (breeding, farrowing, weaning, and growing), feeding management, administrative tasks, general maintenance, etc.
The position may also require skills in leading a small team or groups and ability to train new members of the team.
This is a full-time position which may involve weekend work and some unplanned hours of work where the need arises.
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Advance knowledge in animal husbandry, animal welfare and legislation, piggery production, and OH&S;
- Knowledge in computer programs/software is an advantage.
Qualified applicants may apply online.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $54,000.00 per year
- Rotating roster
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Penalty rates