Full Job Description
Join a growing fresh food retail business with an amazing brand reputation for delivering great quality food and good value to our customers. Our engagement survey results tell us that our Harris Farmers feel proud to work for us, they love the people they work with, and we offer the opportunity to a build a career in a business that has a passion for great food. We also offer flexible working (our shops are open 7 days a week), amazing benefits including 25% discount on shopping with us, access to training, fun working environment with a chance to be creative and innovative.
We’re 30 (and counting) stores across NSW and QLD, and home to almost 3,000 wonderful Harris Farmers all with a common purpose, to reconnect Aussies with the joy of food. Everything we do at Harris Farm Markets is driven by what we believe in and is underpinned by ensuring everything we do is for the Greater Goodness! In other words, it is for the good of the customer, each other, and the community.
We’re looking for experienced, high quality butchers that want to develop their careers in a growing, market leading business with a lot of opportunity and growth.
Our butchers are committed to deliver innovative high-quality meat through exceptional customer service at affordable prices.
Our competitive advantage is we’re confident we’re providing the best high-quality meat available in Sydney at incredibly affordable prices. With second to none customer service and an innovative range of products that showcases what quality fresh meat looks like, there’s no reason to shop anywhere except with Harris Farm Markets.
- Breakdown pigs and lamb carcasses
- Cutting & Trimming quality meat
- Good knowledge in value adding products
- Innovative and ambitious product development
- High quality customer service
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience as a qualified butcher or similar role
- Ability to work in a low wastage business – we pride ourselves in our ability to push high quality at large volumes with minimal waste!
- Willingness to coach, train and develop aspiring butchers
- Absolute commitment to customer service and providing an amazing experience
- Passionate about meat, where it comes from, what it tastes like and sharing that passion with customers!
- Attitudes are contagious, make yours worth catching! Show commitment, belief and desire to succeed!
- Willingness to work split rosters including weekends
Successful applicants will be passionate about quality fresh food and display amazing customer service skills. So what do we look for in our Butchers? We look for individuals that align with our core values. As a recognised expert in your division you are looked upon for guidance, with our junior team members, You will take pride in what you do and want to deliver the best customer experience possible
Why you should apply
- Work with a highly successful business
- Be a part of the store opening
- A highly varied role
- 25% Staff Discount
Please keep reading …..
At Harris Farm, we welcome everyone, from all walks of life and all abilities. We know that research suggests men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, however women and other marginalised groups tend only apply when they check EVERY box. We’re here to tell you, that if you think you could be a Harris Farmer, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the above requirements, please don’t be shy – get in touch!