LOG TRUCK DRIVER (CLASS 1 DRIVER)
we provide unlimited career opportunities in a team based collaborative environment, and help you achieve your professional goals through ongoing development opportunities. We are focused on continuous improvement and use leading edge technology. We offer a wide range of health and wellness programs to our employees and their families and are proud supporters of our communities. Come join us to grow your career!
we are seeking candidates for Log Truck Driver (Class 1). Operations will take place within Central New Brunswick. Log Truck Drivers will be expected to operate the Truck in a safe, efficient, and productive manner according to J.D. Irving, Limited’s Best Management Practices and maintain all legal requirements for operation on public roads. The Truck Driver will be required to maintain production and utilization targets, and work as a team with log loader operators in remote environments. Work will consist of short haul routes, with drivers being able to return home at the end of each shift.
- Education Required: High School diploma.
- Valid Class 1 Drivers License or equivalent.
- Truck driving experience is an asset.
- General truck mechanical skills would be considered an asset.
- Operate and drive the truck in a safe, efficient, and productive manner according to J.D. Irving, Limited’s Best Management Practices.
- Maintain productivity, production and utilization targets, and work independently in remote environments.
- Perform general daily inspections and notify for repairs as required.
- Perform inspections on the truck and cargo to ensure everything is safe and secure.
Conditions of Employment:
- Competitive Pay Rate: starting at $22.77 Hourly (based on skill and experience) + possible hourly bonus pay.
- Health & Dental Benefits + Retirement Savings Plan.
- Hours: Minimum 60 Hours a week. 12-hour Alternating Shifts Sunday – Friday.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.